There are many home remedies for foot pain that can be found easily and cheaply. Some common home remedies for foot pain include ice, rest, and elevation. You can also try taking over-the-counter pain medication, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If your foot pain is severe, you may need to see a doctor.
Home remedies to cure foot pain
Foot pain is one of the most common conditions. Affecting people of all age groups at some point in their lives. Foot pain can occur anywhere in the foot including the toes, heel, sole, ankle or arch.
The pain can be due to a number of reasons such as old age, wearing uncomfortable shoes. Excessive walking, standing on your feet for a long period of time. Some kind of fracture, mineral deficiency, ingrown toenails , diabetes or other health problems.
There are many things you can try using readily available ingredients to take care of foot pain naturally.
Here are the best home remedies for foot pain:
Foot Baths: A Simple Home Remedy For Foot Pain
Both cold and hot water therapy can be effective in treating foot pain. The hot treatment will promote blood circulation, and the cold treatment will reduce inflammation.
– Fill one bucket with cold water and the other with bearable hot water.
– Sit in a comfortable chair, soak your feet in hot water for three minutes, then do the same with cold water for at least 10 seconds or up to a minute.
– Repeat the process two or three times and end with a cold foot bath.
Another option is to alternately apply a heating pad and an ice pack for 10 minutes to reduce pain.
Say goodbye to foot pain with this simple vinegar remedy.
Vinegar is used in various treatments and can help with pain due to foot sprains as it reduces inflammation.
– Fill a basin with hot water.
– Add two tablespoons of vinegar in it. You can also mix in sea salt or Epsom salt.
– Soak your feet in the basin for about 20 minutes.
You can also put a mixture of equal amounts of vinegar and water in two containers.
Use cold water in one hot water and in the other.
Soak a towel in the hot mixture, wring out the excess liquid, then wrap it around your foot.
Leave it wrapped for five minutes. Do the same using the cold mixture. Repeat the process at least three or four times a day.
Epsom Salts: A Natural Way To Relieve Foot Pain
Epsom salt can help soothe your feet, giving you instant relief from foot pain. The combination of heat and Epsom salt, which is primarily magnesium, works well to relax the feet and relieve pain.
– Put two to three tablespoons of Epsom salt in a hot water bath.
– Soak your feet in the bath for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Salt can make your feet dry, so apply moisturizer after soaking them.
Ice your way to relief: home remedies for foot pain
Ice therapy is a good way to reduce foot pain and swelling.
Put a small amount of crushed ice in a small plastic bag and use it to massage the affected area in a circular motion.
You can also use a bag of frozen vegetables wrapped in a thin towel.
The cold temperature temporarily numbs the nerve endings in the painful area and bring you relief.
Do not use an ice pack for more than 10 minutes at a time, prolonged use may damage skin and nerves.
From soreness to stiffness, find relief for your foot pain with cloves!
Clove is very effective in the treatment: Of headaches, joint pain, athlete’s foot, nail fungus and foot pain because it stimulates circulation.
– For quick relief, gently massage your aching feet with clove oil.
– This will stimulate blood circulation and relax your muscles.
– You can massage your feet and heels with clove oil several times a day.
If you have sensitive skin, dilute three drops of clove oil with a teaspoon of olive oil. Or extra virgin coconut oil and then massage your feet with it.
Cayenne Pepper: An unlikely but effective home remedy for foot pain
Cayenne pepper is a rich source of capsaicin, which is known to relieve muscle pain and arthritis. Muscle fatigue, lower back pain, and even sore feet.
– If your feet hurt when cold, sprinkle some cayenne pepper in your socks before putting them on. This will help keep your feet warm.
– Another treatment is to add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to half a bucket of hot water and soak your feet in the dish for a few minutes.
This will have a soothing effect and give you pain relief.
Got sore feet? Sage to the rescue!
If your foot pain is due to some sort of sprain, cut, sage can be used to get relief from the discomfort. it can also reduce foot odor.
– Gently rub a handful of sage leaves between your hands, then put them in a saucepan with just under a cup of apple cider vinegar.
– Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes.
– Soak a cotton cloth in the warm solution, then hold it over the affected area.
Repeat the operation several times.
Fascinating ways asparagus can relieve your foot pain
Asparagus is a good remedy when foot pain is associated with some type of inflammation or edema.
Just steam asparagus for a few minutes and then eat it.
This will act as a natural diuretic, helping to flush excess fluid from your system thereby reducing inflammation.
Soothe Your Aching Feet with These Essential Oils
Essential oils like eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil and rosemary will help soothe tired, sore and achy feet.
– Mix four drops each of eucalyptus oil and rosemary oil and two drops of peppermint oil in warm water.
– Soak your feet in the basin for about 10 minutes.
The next time you suffer from foot pain, simply try one of these natural remedies. However, if the pain is unbearable and does not improve, see your doctor.
Ditch the drugs: Mustard seeds are a natural way to relieve foot pain
Mustard seeds can also be used in the treatment of foot pain.
They help remove toxic water from the body, improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation, thus giving relief from swelling and pain.
– Grind mustard seeds and add them to half a bucket of hot water.
– Soak your feet in water for 10 to 15 minutes, then pat them dry.
If you also have other natural care methods, do not hesitate to share them. With all of our readers by leaving a comment, we will be happy to publish it.
Spread the love
Please do share this article with someone you care about. It is important to stay engaged and informed. With current events because without your contribution, we may never be able to change the world.
Vogue Health Team