Tinnitus is the perception of sound when there is no external source of the noise. It can be a ringing, hissing, or buzzing sound and can be extremely annoying. There are many causes of tinnitus including earwax buildup, exposure to loud noise, and certain medications. Luckily, there are several home remedies that can help to relieve the symptoms of tinnitus.
Home remedies for tinnitus that actually work
Almost everyone at one time or another has experienced brief periods of ringing or other sweet sounds in the ear. This is known as tinnitus. Tinnitus means crackling or ringing sounds in the ears, which may be constant or intermittent.
They can occur in one or both ears.
They can be caused by age-related loss of hearing. Ear injury or infection, noise exposure, high altitude, upper respiratory tract infections, earwax plugging, deficiencies vitamins and minerals. Bone changes in the ear (abnormal bone growth), or diseases such as high or low blood pressure, diabetes, or a disorder of the circulatory system.
This annoying condition can interfere with daily activities and cause problems with hearing, work, concentration, and sleep. Although it is not always easy to find the exact cause of tinnitus. There are a number of natural remedies to reduce ringing in the ears that are very effective.
Here are the best organic treatments for tinnitus:
Ginkgo biloba: A powerhouse home remedy for tinnitus!
Gingko biloba is considered the best herbal remedy for tinnitus. It plays a key role in improving blood circulation, which in turn improves ear function and reduces ringing sensations.
Additionally, this herb has antibacterial and antifungal properties that can treat an underlying infection that may be contributing to the disease.
To treat tinnitus, you can take ginkgo biloba extract which you can buy at health food stores. Take 120 to 240 mg of standardized extract containing 24 to 32 percent flavonoids and 6 to 12 percent terpenoids.
Take daily, ideally in three or four divided doses, for six weeks for positive results. Consult your doctor before starting treatment as this herb may interact with certain medications.
How to Use Cider Vinegar for Tinnitus Treatment
Being an antifungal and anti-inflammatory agent. Apple cider vinegar can also be used to treat an underlying infection that may be contributing to tinnitus. Apple cider vinegar also balances the alkaline level in the body.
– Mix two teaspoons of cider vinegar and a little honey in a glass of water.
– Drink this solution two or three times a day until the ringing sensation in the ears stops.
How to Use Holy Basil for Tinnitus Relief
Holy basil is another good natural remedy for the treatment of tinnitus. Its antibacterial properties can kill bacteria that may be causing the problem. Moreover, this herb can give you relief from ear pain.
– Put a handful of basil leaves in a blender to make a paste.
– Put the dough on a colander, pressing with a spoon to extract the juice.
– Slightly heat the basil juice.
– Use a dropper, put two or three drops in the affected ear.
Repeat twice a day for three or four days.
Who knew onions could help with tinnitus?
The medicinal and antibacterial properties of onions help treat ear infections leading to tinnitus.
– Chop a small onion into small pieces.
– Microwave the onions for one to two minutes.
– Leave to cool, then strain the juice.
– Put two or three drops of juice in the infected ear.
– Leave it in the ear for five minutes, then turn your head to let the juice drain out.
To do several times a week to get rid of tinnitus.
Home remedies for tinnitus: Try garlic!
Garlic can be used to treat tinnitus caused by high altitudes or cold. Garlic helps reduce inflammation as well as improve blood circulation. Plus, it has antibacterial properties that can rid you of an infection that may be contributing to the problem.
– Fry two cloves of crushed garlic in a tablespoon of sesame oil.
To do, every day in the evening before going to bed. Continue for about a week.
You can also take garlic capsules or use this herb in your cooking.
Saline Solution: An unlikely, but effective home remedy for tinnitus
A saline solution can help treat tinnitus caused by blocked nasal passages or too much fluid in the sinuses.
– Mix one teaspoon each, of salt and glycerin, in two cups of hot water to make a homemade saline solution.
– Use a nasal spray to inject the solution into each nostril until it begins to flow down the back of your throat.
– Spray the solution in your throat too.
Follow this remedy three times a day until your nasal passages are clear.
Home Remedies: How to Use Ginger for Relief from Tinnitus
Ginger is also used as a remedy for tinnitus. The medicinal and healing properties in ginger help improve blood circulation, get rid of pathogens, and fight free radicals. Plus, it has aspirin-like properties that can help reduce the pain that accompanies tinnitus.
– Add half a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger to a cup of hot water.
– Leave to infuse for 10 minutes, drain and add a little honey. Drink this herbal tea two or three times a day for several days to relieve the symptoms of tinnitus.
Also, chew a few slices of raw ginger. The chewing process helps relieve pressure in the ear that can be the cause of tinnitus.
Find Relief from Tinnitus naturally with These Mustard Oil Home Remedies
Mustard oil is another popular remedy for tinnitus. Being a natural rubefacient, mustard oil helps increase circulation. Also, its antifungal and antibacterial properties help treat ear infections. Mustard oil also boosts the immune system to protect against new infections and helps eliminate earwax buildup.
– Lightly heat a little mustard oil in a microwave.
– Put a few drops of warm mustard oil directly into the affected ear.
– Allow the oil to sit for five to 10 minutes.
– Then tilt your head to the other side so that the oil enters the ear.
– Remove the softened earwax with the help of a cotton swab.
Repeat once a day for a few days.
The pumpkin home remedies for tinnitus that you didn’t know about
Eating foods like pumpkin that are rich in vitamin A can help get rid of tinnitus. It has been found that vitamin A deficiency is one of the main causes of many ear problems, including tinnitus.
Vitamin A is essential for the proper functioning of the cochlea, or inner ear, which is responsible for receiving and transmitting sound.
Just include the pumpkin in your salad or soup, or have it steamed, grilled, stuffed, sautéed, or in baked dishes.
Pineapple for tinnitus? Yes, please!
Adding pineapple to your diet can help reduce tinnitus. Pineapple helps reduce inflammation in the body due to the presence of an enzyme called bromelain. In addition, pineapple contains various vitamins including vitamin A.
Eat fresh pineapple at regular intervals throughout the day to reduce inflammation. You can also drink fresh pineapple juice.
Some additional tips:
– Use a hot compress or heating pad (wrapped in a cloth) to relieve pressure and pain
– Reduce or stop alcohol consumption
– Stop smoking
– Limit your use of aspirin
– Limit or avoid exposure to loud noises
Follow these remedies and tips to treat tinnitus. However, see your doctor immediately if you have numbness on one side of your face. Or body, dizziness, loss of balance, nausea or vomiting.
Spread the love
Please do share this article with someone you care about. It is important to stay engaged and informed. With current events because without your contribution, we may never be able to change the world.
Vogue Health Team